Friday, May 1, 2020

Starting THE Journey

Sterling and I have decided to travel down THE path. Before you all get excited, this is NOT a pregnancy announcement. But, with that said, pregnancy and parenthood is the path we decided to follow. Within the last five months, my body has not been cooperating like it should. I finally decided to go to a gynecologist and see why I was not having regular periods. My doctor had put me on a medication to try and force a period and it worked! The next step is always an uncomfortable step for me. I had to go get blood work done on the 21st day of my 28 day cycle. This was a progesterone test to see if I am ovulating. 

I don't know if you can read this, but unfortunately I am not ovulating this cycle. Obviously this is not what I wanted to hear and it was also hard to deal with. We have been trying to get pregnant since September and this is just another bump in the road. Due to my doctor's office closing early today, I did not get to discuss the next step with my doctor. I'm assuming this will be a conversation I will get to have this coming Monday. 

When I came home all I wanted to do was lay in bed. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who came home and did his best to comfort and encourage me. We are just at the beginning of this journey and there are many options ahead of us. So now my job is to do my best to stay positive and keep trucking and pushing forward. 

But that might have to wait until tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to allow myself to eat my feelings, watch Netflix, and give myself the time to be sad and disappointed. Tomorrow I will push the reset button and we will go from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment